Road accidents belong to the most common causes of injury and death globally. It is estimated that millions of people are killed and injured on roads around the world each year. This fact leads Road traffic safety (RTS) to a global concern with incalculable human, social and economic impact and makes traffic safety increasingly important from year to year.
ISO 39001 Standard specifies minimum requirements for a Road Traffic Safety (RTS) Management System interacting with the road traffic system to improve safety and reduce incidents and the risk of serious injury or death due to road traffic accidents.
The requirements include development and implementation of an appropriate RTS policy, development of RTS objectives and action plans, which take into account legal and other requirements with a plan – do – check – act approach (Plan-Do-Check-Act, PDCA).
This International Standard is applicable to public and private organizations that interact with the road traffic system such as national and road authorities, Governments, safety groups and private companies.
The RTS management system can be compatible with or integrated into other management systems within the organization.
Benefits of ISO 39001 Certification:
- Implementation and demonstration of organizational safety and social responsibility targets to customers and stakeholders
- Implementation of best practices in the organization in order to meet requirements of industry, stakeholders and legislation
- Identification of road traffic hazards and improvement of management efficiency
- Reduction of operational and insurance costs
- Establishment and improvement of operating processes
- Compliance with policy and objectives within the organization
Con Cert Quality Management GmbH (CCQM) guarantees an accredited certification, giving to Organizations the suitable passport for International market, ensuring with accuracy and independency the principles and rules established by the standard ISO 39001.